Click on photo on
the right for enlarge-ment
The MW antenna Malta was inaugurated in 1974 on 1557 kHz with 600 kW. The three mast configuration was necessary in order to realize three nulls in the horizontal pattern ( 0° NE, 22° NE and -6,5° NE ).
The pattern was modified in 1977 because the cochannel station in Nizza was distorted too much. One of the nulls was shifted to 325,8°.
This MW station was the first using plastic guy ropes. The commercial name is "Parafil". The advantage seemed to be obvious: while using plastic guys the expensive guy insulators could be omitted.